2014 is nearly over and done with, and thus it’s time to look back & see what the year had to offer.
Please note that this list is not in order of best to worst, and that not all of these threads even originate from 2014. It’s simply a list of what I thought were 30 of the best threads posted on Wota in Translation this year, in the order they were published. Also, while these two weren’t threads, I want to give a special mention to the great interview with Lehua and the Hello! Shop Q&A with Sayu.
Did I miss anything? What were your favorites from 2014?
- Just how amazing was Kamei Eri?
- Any guys who ever felt like they wanted to join Morning Musume?
- Miyazaki Yuka: “Hey! Baby monkey! LOL.“
- The post-handshake event feeling of wanting to die
- Would you still be an H!P wota if Tsunku quit as their producer?
- Kanazawa “The Tyrant” Tomoko
- Let’s think of realistic ways that would allow us to legally touch Sayu’s boobs
- Kamei Eri’s funny anecdotes and amazing life advice
- Change H!P song titles to show discontent towards your company and the people you work with
- Japanese boy Kudo Haru buys two copies of latest magazine featuring Fukumura Mizuki!
- Suga Shikao: “Matsuura Aya is not only a good singer; she has real persuasive power. I want you to listen to her music without dismissing her as just another idol.“
- I noticed something strange about the cover art of Dance de Bakoon!
- I was just your ordinary music lover until suddenly I now find that I’ve become an H!P wota. I don’t understand how this happened.
- Kumai Yurina is so interesting when she talks, she makes me contemplate suicide
- Let’s blame everything on Abe Natsumi
- Introducing Aneshige, Michishige Sayumi’s big sister
- A message to all those of you who like the month of May
- Tell me about episodes of H!P members not getting along with each other
- Tell me some heartwarming episodes of H!P members. I don’t even care if they’re made-up.
- FBS does a flawless job of completely censoring Ai-chan’s “I am a whore” T-shirt!
- The Sad Monologues of Eririn
- Hagiwara Mai: “I’m tired of seeing Airi’s naked body!“
- The drinkers & smokers of Morning Musume
- Did you know that Morning Musume has a member that you can only see if you’re not a virgin?
- 7/20 Sato Masaki handshake event reports
- The best & worst of wota you’ve seen at H!P concerts and events
- Uemura Akari forces Miyazaki Yuka to take a bath with her
- Meet the latest mentally deranged addition to Morning Musume: Ogata Haruna
- I’m getting closer with the beautiful girl in my class, Haga-san, but that damn Ogata keeps getting in my way
- Tell me about all the instances of Katsuta Rinapuu being a total jerk
PS. Also feel free to check out the Best of Wota in Translation 2013!
I like helloproradio very much. The best 2014 post is Trattoria Buono! translation #83.
Thank you very much for your work.
Happy new year, Henkka, and thanks for all the hard work. WiT continues to be one of the most consistent sources of laughter in my current website rotation, while still being a place of positivity and love towards a gaggle of asian girls we all have a collective obsession with. And if that’s not what the internet’s for, I don’t know what is.
I liked this one: http://wotaintranslation.com/2014/03/19/do-you-guys-seriously-fap-to-hp-members/
I just loved the “tabooness” and the general butthurt caused by that thread. It’s crazy how people can get so wound up and just flat out ANGRY over the thought of what other people, people they don’t even know, may do in their own private time. Especially when it’s something that hurts no one. What is wrong with people these days?
Thank you again, Henkka!
I liked this one: http://wotaintranslation.com/2014/04/30/list-of-things-that-are-like-morning-musume-without-michishige-sayumi/
#12 honestly had me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. I love stupid shit like that.
Not in the list but I think this is my favorite thread and it’s cool to read the predictions (yeah, suddenly rooting to S/mileage/アンジュルム because of her) – http://wotaintranslation.com/2014/06/23/kenshuusei-sasaki-rikako-13-is-insanely-beautiful/
#6)Kanazawa “The Tyrant” Tomoko
#5)Let’s think of realistic ways that would allow us to legally touch Sayu’s boobs
#4)I’m getting closer with the beautiful girl in my class, Haga-san, but that damn Ogata keeps getting in my way
#3)Introducing Aneshige, Michishige Sayumi’s big sister
#2)7/20 Sato Masaki handshake event reports
#1)Just how amazing was Kamei Eri?
#0) Hello! Shop Q&A with Sayu.
I’m surprised none of the (at least three) threads dealing with Fukumura-san’s boobs made the least!
I was thinking the same thing! But the moment I see my comments being deleted I knew there’s only a slim chance Fuku-funbags posts will ever feature in the top-30. what a letdown!
Hey Nakadashi-kun, would you give Mizupon the FHRITP treatment?
Without a doubt, man. I would no longer feel so guilty about it since she’s already turned 18 now.
Pingback: Best 2014 et toc! | Idols Connection
Happy New year!
Thank you for Everything!
I really had fun here.
I hope the best for you and your beard
A random eripon wota
May I touch your beard this 2015? c:
Happy New Year!
2014 brought as a lot of great threads, so thank you for your hard work, Henkka.
To a glorious 2015!
Pingback: Recommended Jpop♀ Reading: December 31, 2014 | Idolminded
Thanks for another great year of Wota in Translation. Long live Henkka.
Here’s my personal Top 10 (not in order) but I really like all the translations:
Kanazawa “The Tyrant” Tomoko
Introducing Aneshige, Michishige Sayumi’s big sister
I noticed something strange about the cover art of Dance de Bakoon! (this one made me laugh so hard, funniest thread of 2014)
7/20 Sato Masaki handshake event reports
List of things that are like Morning Musume without Michishige Sayumi
Michishige Sayumi Hello! Shop Q&A event highlights
Did you know that Morning Musume has a member that you can only see if you’re not a virgin?
Meet the latest mentally deranged addition to Morning Musume: Ogata Haruna
At last! Michishige Sayumi has her way with Sayashi Riho’s lips at Yokohama Arena!