What kinds of novels does the girl in Berryz Koubou’s “Romance wo Katareba” read? What on earth does the irritated protagonist in °C-ute’s “I miss you” have to complain about? And just what type of pasta did the young woman in Tanpopo’s “Otome Pasta ni Kandou” eat in Harajuku?
These are just a couple of the first questions pondered upon by the pair in the above picture.
“Loitering Between the Lines of Hello! Project” (2015—) is an ongoing, bi-monthly column published in the CDJournal magazine. In it, writers Asai Ryo and Yuzuki Asako wander stupidly in-depth in discussing and analyzing the words of Tsunku♂ and Hello! Project. If you’re someone who sometimes finds themselves pointlessly speculating about their favorite lyrics, this column is for you.
- Prologue: Hello! Project COMPLETE ALBUM BOOK Roundtable Discussion (2015.3)
- Part One: “Incessant Praise Paradise” (2015.9)
- Part Two: “Maro’s Old Food Court” (2015.11)
- Part Four: “Ghosts ~The Ooedo Onsen Illusion~” (2016.3)
- Part Five: “I Wanted to be Raised on Tsunku♂’s School Song” (2016.5)
- Part Six: “Homerare Sakura” (2016.7)
- Part Seven: “TOUCH ME, Kurokki” (2016.9)
- Part Eight: “Sukiyaki × Conveyor Belt Sushi = Preparedness to Live” (2016.11)
- Part Nine: “I Want to Have a Shameless X’mas!” (2017.1)
- Part Eleven: “Onda Riku! Kaedy! w-inds.! Wooow!” (2017.5)
- Part Twelve: “The Pinnacle of Desire: Unashamed Love” (2017.9)
- Part Thirteen (2017.11)
- Part Fourteen (2018.01)
- Part Fifteen (2018.04)
- Part Sixteen (2018.06)
- Part Seventeen (2018.08)
What I Didn’t Translate
Purely for informative purposes, listed below are the parts of the column that I didn’t translate.
- Part Three
- Part Eight: the final segment.
- Part Nine: the H!P/AKB TV drama discussion in the first segment.
- Part Ten